Thursday, February 15, 2007

Quote of the Week

Former NBA Miami Heat Guard, Tim Hardaway:

"You know, I hate gay people, so I let it be known," Hardaway said Wednesday, according to a transcript on the Miami Herald Web site. "I don't like gay people and I don't like to be around gay people. I am homophobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

Hardaway was a guest on the show and was asked at the end of the interview how he would handle having a gay teammate.

''First of all, I wouldn't want him on my team,'' Hardaway answered. "And second of all, if he was on my team, I would really distance myself from him because I don't think that is right. I don't think he should be in the locker room while we are in the locker room. But stuff like that is going on and there's a lot of other people I hear that are like that and still in the closet and don't want to come out of the closet, but you know I just leave that alone.''

Well done, moron.

See the complete article here.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

What an ass. What if his brother was gay? Don't get me started on this topic. My son is gay and I've been through all the crap about that in the past. It's sad in this day and age that there are still people out there that feel that way. And are so vocal about it. Why is it ok to say that about gays and not about blacks? He'll be hearing from the ACLU soon. As far as the locker room is concerned: why does he think a gay guy would be a problem in there? This guy is such a jock that he has a little penis anyways. It just goes with his little brain. I got started, sorry.

bigbadmike said...

BRAVO Luggage! BRAVO Debbie! My eyes popped out of my head when I read the article. That lame-ass apology of his after the fact was too much. He still obviously feels that way, so why did he apologize - it was completely insincere and a feeble attempt not to alienate sponsors and endorsers. Hard to believe that there are pigs like that in the world. I am going to try and focus on the positive.....a wonderful Luggage and a wonderful Debbie more then compensate for that biased homophobic prick.