Thank you, Rima!! Thank you for your help with my French!!
For my St. Therese shrine, I started with two arch cut outs made with pearlescent champagne cardstock. I covered each with a wash of gold acrylic paint and then stamped on the text. I cut an opening in the top layer for the St. Therese transparency. Next, I folded little fans of peach colored tissue and machine stitched them around the arch. Once the stitching was in place, I opened each of the fans to make the flowers. I added a little gold paint to the tips of each flower. The French text is printed on gold metallic paper and aged with graphite pencil. A little charcoal and artist crayon surround the arch. I joined the two sheets together with pop dots for a little dimension.
Making these arch projects is new to me and very enjoyable! You should check out the Gothic Arch blog and try your hand at one today!
See you tomorrow! It was a great day for trash today..I've got a lot of new cardboard to alter!