Sunday, September 9, 2007

Journal

I bought a book on making fancy journals at the Somerset clearance sale a few weeks ago. The journals have been haunting me...it is time to get off the fence and try one myself. I love to look at journals that my art friends make. I love the worn and tattered pages that come with age and various art techniques. My "art book" never came to fruition. I think it was because the format was too large for my taste. This journal is going to be 8.5x11, folded in half. I don't have any book twine, so I am going to use yarn...I'll let you know how it turns out!

It would be simple to use the zutter binding system I bought earlier this year, but spiral binding is not what I envision... I am not sure if I will ever use the zutter... it got packed up yesterday and put into the garage in a new box entitled, "craft storage".. maybe one day, if we move, the zutter will rejoin it's crafting buddies. Now, everything is thinned out even more and packed away even more tight... waiting for that one buyer to come by...

2 comments:

Zorana said...

As long as the yarn is not stretchy you should be fine. You can buy waxed linen thread in the beading department of craft (and other) stores. Can't wait to read about your first book binding experience.

K Hutchinson said...

I can't wait to see what you do! I have been just been looking at my book and thinking about it! Maybe after I see what you did I will be so inspired that I will do one too!